Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Vivian's First Shots


So yesterday (August 21) was Vivian's 2 month doctor appointment. She now weighs 13 lbs 5 oz and is 24 inches long. The doctor says she is growing very well and is in the 95% for her age. I'm not sure if this is a good way to tell whether or not she will be tall. I was in the 95% when I was a baby and we all see how tall I am. :) Anyhoo...she is doing very well. The doctor suggested we put her on a new, lactose free, formula because she seemed to be having an allergic reaction to the regular stuff. I guess she was having a hard time breaking down the proteins which caused her tummy to hurt making her think she was hungry. This made her eat every hour and a half. Now, when I called the nurses and asked them if this was normal they said, "Sure, just keep feeding her!" Boy were they wrong. I think I'll be talking to the doctor directly when I have concerns from now on. Hopefully this new stuff works so she can eat less, be more comfortable, and sleep longer. After the general check up, it was time for her shots. She got 2 in one leg, 1 in the other, and some liquid stuff she had to swallow. She drank the liquid stuff up really fast. It must have tasted good. When it was time for her shots, Luke held her hands and I closed my eyes. She cried for a second, but it wasn't anything worse then I've heard before and she quieted down once her bottle was back in her mouth. I was very proud of the little peanut. Once we got home, she took her afternoon nap and woke up very unhappy! I think her legs were sore from the shots because when she moved them she would start screaming. Now this was a cry I had never heard before. It was nearly impossible to change her little diaper listening to her cry. Mom even had to cry too. I gave her some children's Tylenol and eventually she fell asleep on our bed. Once she woke up, she seemed to be doing a lot better (thank goodness). She got another dose of Tylenol before she went to bed for the night and didn't have any problems after that! Today (Aug 22) she is 100% better. Mommy and she both slept in, however, because they were so pooped from the day before :)

1 comment:

Greg and Mel said...

I hate shots!! I'm sorry it was a little rough, but at least she's feeling better! I love the picture, she's so adorable! You guys make super cute babies!!